Johnson County EMS Association Meeting
August 24, 2011
Meeting was called to order by President David Dvorsky at 7:25 p.m.
Secretary’s report was approved as submitted by Iowa City and Oxford
Dave Dvorsky reported he has submitted the Part A Training fund request JCEMS association should see around $8733.00.
Treasures report was submit by Dave Dvorsky in Steve Spenler absence balance is $9,630.52, our CD is = to $5144.37. Treasures report was approved a submitted.
EMS Saturday is scheduled for February 11, 2012 at South Slope Convention Center. We are looking for folks that maybe interested in being on the EMS Sat Committee please contact Dave D.
Dave reported the:
- South Slope Convention Center is rented,
- Caterer is on board
- Working on speakers if you have idea please let Dave know (ideas shared were)
- oBrandon Smith - Bariatric Class
- oEric Rendell ? - Stroke Class
- oDMAT Member ??? - Blast Injuries
- Focusing on transitional classes to meet the National Scope of Practice
- oDave reviewed the training requirements for transitioning new scope of practice and a listing of classes already meet through the past 4 years EMS Saturdays and documented the topics which were cover and the yearIf you attended EMS Saturday and have keep your documentation you have already completed a good share of the transitional classes see attachments for dates topics covered, which have been met through your previous attendance.
- Dave also share that this year will be the our 25th consecutive EMS Saturday and we are interested in doing something unique. If you have an idea please let Dave know.
Steve Flake reminded everyone of the ICS-300 class to be held Oct 8 & 9th (see attached flyer for details)
Tom Trump shared a discussion he had with Evelyn Wolfe...... At the EMS Advisory Council Meeting a discussion is being considered to allow the local medical director the ability to approve the use of Glucose Monitoring equipment, the other item possible to be discussed at a later date is the use of pulse ox . But the issue that is stopping approval is the fact that the equipment is not in the teaching criteria and may people treat the machine based on reading vs. symptoms No final outcome has been made at this time, more to come.
Election of Officers:
President Dave Dvorsky asked Tom Trump to conduct the election of At Large Members:
Those nominated were: President David Dvorsky, Secretary Mindy Scott, Doug Campbell and Amanda Wallace. Nominations ceased, Motioned carried all members accepted as At Large. After the at large vote Dave Dvorsky resumed his role as president and conducted the remaining elections.
Two names were nominated, they were Kathy Riggle & Brian Platz, Ballots were passed out and counted The newly elected VP is Brian Platz.
Treasurer: Dave Dvorsky was asked if Steve Spenler was interested in continuing as our Treasurer, Dave state Steve was willing to hold the position if the re-elected. Tom trump nominated Steve Spenler, nominations ceased, Motion Carried, Steve Spenler will remain as Treasurer.
Dave reminded everyone the JC EMS Web-site is up and running we ask that you go out to the new website and login. Web-Master is Steve Andersen. www.jcems.org
A brief discussion was had about enhancements to the website Dave said he will follow up with the webmaster:
1. Dept allowed to add training topics to calendar
2. Email automatically generated to members on upcoming training events.
3. Print option of training calendar for posting upcoming events.
Kirkwood is in the process of scheduling transitional classes as well.
Meeting adjourned 20:10
Next Meeting will be on November 30, 2011
North Liberty Fire at 19:00 hours